Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Daughter's 1st Birthday!




I just wanted to share what I made for my daughter's first birthday. It was so super fun to make and I absolutely LOVE this and the fact that I am finally getting to make girly things after 3 boys, lol.



I started by using Wilton's large Wonder Mold. I could have used a bit more batter, but it worked out since I added ruffles to the bottom of the dress so I didn't have to really even the bottom of the cake which would have shrunk it quite a bit.




Then I just threw on some awesome pink buttercream icing!





Then added some fantastic neon pink fondant. This stuff is so fun because it's like play-doh! 





Next came adding all the details. The ruffles, bodice, ribbon and of course the flowers! So, so many flowers! I should have actually have made more to account for breakage as I was trying to get them to stick to the cake. It all worked out though, thankfully!





I also added her name along the front and piped white buttercream into all the middles of the flowers. 






The back view. I had so much trouble with the ribbon, first it had started to dry and get crackly, then I over moistened it so it wouldn't hold it's shape right...and probably when I was just about at the point I could add it...my adorable 2 year old Greyson snatched it up and broke it in half. (My fault since I left it too close to the edge of the counter.) Eventually, I was able to get it on the cake and it looked pretty good! 






This is the top down view of her cake, just for fun mainly! 

We had a great day celebrating her birthday and I get to do it all over again in a few days as it is my son's 3rd birthday on Tuesday! So busy, but loving it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment