Thursday, January 23, 2014

ONE Loom Stained Glass Bracelet Tutorial

I've been trying to put together several tutorials at once. There are so many requests that it is hard to get to them all and still be able to put out the new bracelet designs that I have finished. I know that many people have asked for a tutorial on how to make the Stained Glass bracelet on one loom and at first, I really didn't think that it was possible to do that. But the more people that liked it and the more people that asked to make it on one loom prompted me to figure it out.



I have definitely never made a bracelet in this manner before. Taking a part the loom and looping bands in a different way, just to avoid having to do the transfers that I loathe. But I really think it is just easier to do this way and the bracelet comes out great. I hope you agree!





If I get some positive responses from how I did this bracelet, I plan to remake my One Loom Kaleidoscope video to include this technique. So, hopefully everyone likes it!








And as always, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion to make it even easier. Before you place your perimeter bands, place two loose bands on the peg (one on the end pegs) that will then be used to make the perimeter bands on the next set. That way there's no fishing around and trying to pull the bands through what's already on the loom. You can do the same with the starburst bands. Place two loose bands on the center peg before you add the other bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a great idea! Especially for some of us older or more advanced loomers! I think for younger kids though that unless they are actively making sure to put the bands in the correct order on the peg that they might just grab a band and pull it to a peg, not making sure it is the bottom one/ middle one and then I get blamed that their bracelet fell apart, lol.

      Delete