Monday, November 11, 2013

Rainbow Loom bracelet with button closure





Doesn't this bracelet look fantastic? Firstly, I love this pattern from the Made by Mommy blog called the Daisy Chain. This pattern can be found here. I change it a little bit when I make it though; I double the rubber band that goes between the daisy chains simply for personal preference and the other thing I do, of course, is add a button for the closure.


In my previous post I showed how to add a button to close the fish tail bracelet and now I'll show you how I use buttons to close other bracelets. 




1. In the picture to the left I have already placed all the rubber bands for the bracelet. Now I need to add the button. This button has 4 holes, so I'm going to use 2 rubber bands to attach it to the bracelet.










2. Here I'm using a steel crochet hook to pull the rubber band through since it's the holes are too small to push the rubber band through.












3. I like to cross the rubber bands when I pull them through, but you can just go up and down too or just use only one rubber band instead of 2. It's whatever you prefer.











(1) 
(2) 
4. On the end of the bracelet that you would start looping (opposite end from red arrow) you will attach the button to the loom. Images 1-3 show how I added mine. Once that is done, you can loop the rubber bands like normal and then pull the finished end over the button to close it. 

(3)






Another view





Any bracelet that you want to add a button to can be done by adding a "button cap" to the beginning of it. You can use one or multiple buttons. I will show you how to do that in another post. I hope this helped and that you love it as much as I do! And I haven't forgotten about sharing my new bracelets with you, they're coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment